University of Africa Zambia Course
University of Africa Zambia Course – Faculty of Commerce and Development studies
University of Africa Zambia Course – Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Degrees:
- Human Resource Management
- Logistics and Transport
University of Africa Zambia Course – Bachelor of Administration Degrees
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Health Service Administration
- Banking Practice & Management
University of Africa Zambia Course -Bachelor of Technology (BTech) Degrees
- Logistics & Transport
- Public Administration
- Business Administration
- Health & Safety Management
- Road Maintenance Management
- Education Management
University of Africa Zambia Course – Master’s Degree Programmes
- Master of Commerce in Development, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Master in Public Administration (MPA)
- Master in Business Administration ( MBA)
- Virtual MBA
The general outcomes of a qualification through the Faculty of Commerce and Development Studies are:
- Empowering students with graduate knowledge, skills, research methodologies and applied competence to pursue rewarding careers.
- Providing the Republic of Zambia with graduates who are competent in one or more specialization fields.
- Assisting and enabling the student to develop his or her intellectual and moral capacity.
In addition graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and insight into economic and business environments and to solve problems that arise from these environments.
- Identify and solve convergent and divergent economic, business and administrative related problems in a creative and critical manner.
- To organize and manage his or her activities with self-discipline, integrity and commitment in a responsible and effective manner, in order to reach the required goals;
- To demonstrate an understanding of the need to sustain competence and healthy practices in order to keep ahead of the changing economic environment of new methods, techniques and competing challenges;
These qualifications prepare the graduate for a career in a local and international private economic and business environment, as well as the public sector.
Specialization – Economics
The degree program in Economics provides the student with an excellent overview of economic theory, development theory and international finance. Empowering students with graduate knowledge, skills, research methodologies and applied competence to pursue rewarding careers in the fields of commerce, industry, business and the public sector.
Specialization – Marketing
The focus of this bachelor degree is to empower students with the necessary knowledge, relevant practical skills and applied competence to pursue rewarding careers covering the entire spectrum of Marketing to the end of the marketing chain which is Sales.
Specialization – Human Resource Management:
Management is in general optimizing the outputs of the different production factors – raw materials, people, money and infrastructure. None of the other three production factors can function without the factor of people or human resources. In a complex and competitive society Human Resource Management is vital for operational success. This specialization provides the necessary knowledge and practical skills for the professional workplace specialists.
Specialization – Tourism
The tourism and hospitality industry is a rapid growing industry and an ever increasing earner of foreign exchange for Zambia. Specialists are equipped to develop this sector in the interest of the country, society and the supplier of the tourism and hospitality service and infrastructure.
Specialization – Entrepreneurship
This program ultimately aims to develop student competencies so that they will be able to start and run their own business. Students are empowered to be successful in the marketplace and to play a positive role in the development of the African continent, whilst creating wealth.
Specialization – Logistics and Transport
The main objectives of this program are to accord the students with the necessary expert knowledge in the fields of material management, supply chain and logistics management, effective communication, transport management – whether it be on local level or internationally.
Specialization – Business Administration
The Bachelor of Business Administration is especially designed to be flexible, and to allow students to obtain a broad knowledge across almost any business area or from specially approved disciplines in the human resource, marketing, logistics, hotel & tourism, public management, management and finance. Students have the opportunity to focus on meeting specific career goals.
Financial Management means planning, organizing, directing and controlling the financial activities such as procurement and utilization of funds of the enterprise. It means applying general management principles to financial resources of the enterprise.
The main objective of management is to secure maximum outputs with minimum efforts and resources. Management is basically concerned with thinking & utilizing human, material & financial resources in such a manner that would result in best combination. This combination results in reduction of various costs
Information Technology Management
This programme introduces students to the steps necessary to analyze a problem in information technology and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution, with a focus on how to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs. Students learn to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
University of Africa Zambia Course – Master’s in Business Administration ( MBA)
This post graduate degree builds on basically any undergraduate degree. It allows the specialist in one professional field to acquaint him/her self with a broad spectrum of managerial and economic disciplines needed for persons who are excelling from specialist levels in business to executive managerial levels. Students are allowed to choose any managerial field as specialization if they wish.
University of Africa Zambia Course – Master of Commerce in Development, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
The ability to be innovative in a rapid changing, competitive and developing private and public environment in many instances become the key factor for growth and even for survival. This degree builds on any bachelors degree and is focussed on linking the notions of innovation and entrepreneurship.
University of Africa Zambia Course Specialization – Public Administration
The Bachelor of Public Administration provides students with the vast knowledge to understand public policy, public administration, human resources, government resources, public management, program development and project management.
University of Africa Zambia Course – Masters Degree in Public Administration (MPA)
This offering is structured to equip and enhance the public administrator who is getting more responsibilities at more senior levels for their public responsibilities. Emphasis is placed on leadership, organizational culture, financial management, budgeting, quantitative methods, urban planning, redevelopment and personal management.
University of Africa Zambia Course – Specialization – Health Service Administration
The concentration of this Bachelors Degree is to provide students with an appreciation for the complexity of health service administration, focused tools, techniques, concepts and practices in order to administer organizational issues in situations where the practitioner is mostly operating alone or in small teams in areas far away from specialists and modern infrastructure.
University of Africa Zambia Course – Banking Practice & Management
The financial and banking sectors are the barometers of the economy. As ‘merchants’ in money in the short and long term, banking and financial sector practitioners get knowledge for career growth in the areas of economics, monetary systems, financial- business- and management accounting, risk assessment and management, credit management, investment analysis and decisions, financial planning, public governance and accountability.
University of Africa Zambia Course -Faculty of Law and Humanities
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor in Criminal Justice (BCJ)
- Bachelor in Social Work Practice & Development Studies
Master’s Degree Programmes
- Masters in Criminal Justice (MCJ)
Bachelor of Law (LLB)
UoA’s new flagship degree in law has been designed by curriculum experts and practioners in Zambia. The LLB degree is designed for students wishing to pursue a career in the legal profession. This includes becoming an advocate, attorney, judge, or corporate legal advisor. The LLB degree prepares students for a legal career.
Bachelor in Criminal Justice (BCJ)
The Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice (BCrimJus) is one of those unique offerings and opportunities. It is designed that the student will gain the skills and knowledge to prepare for a career in law enforcement, the justice system, corrections, security, and social services. The program blends contemporary theory on the nature, extent, and cause of crime with the study of national and international criminal justice practices. Students will apply criminal justice theories to current issues as they gain perspective in three vitally important areas:
- Civic engagement, social responsibility, and global awareness
- Collection and analysis of data across organizations
- Teamwork and communication
- This program contributes to mutual understanding and co-operation between the present criminal justice disciplines of police, prosecution authorities and corrections.
Bachelor in Social Work Practice & Development Studies
Social Work and Development is the process or effort of increasing the positive outcomes within a community by linking individuals and organizations to work towards common goals. The people who are marginalized or living in poverty work together to identify their needs, create change, exert more influence on decisions which affect their lives and work to improve the quality of their lives, the communities in which they live, and the society of which they are part. The overall focus is on poverty reduction and personal independence.
Master’s in Criminal Justice (MCJ)
This qualification will provide students with the competencies required to function at a supervisory and management level within the Criminal Justice (law enforcement) environment. The latter work environment is constantly in a state of flux and students will be equipped with skills to ensure quality service delivery to both internal and external clients in the constantly changing environment in which they work. Through achievement of this qualification, managers/administrators within the Criminal Justice environment will be able to ensure improved service, professionalism and quality of service delivery thereby contributing to the creation of public trust and providing a safe and secure community environment, which will enhance economic growth.
Faculty of Teacher Education
University of Africa Zambia Course -Bachelor Degrees
- Bachelor of Education in Science & Mathematics
- Bachelor of Education in Economic Sciences
- Bachelor of Education in English
- Bachelor of Education in Religious Studies
- Bachelor in Primary Education (Enquire for curriculum from the Registrar)
- Bachelor in Early Childhood Education (Enquire for curriculum from the Registrar)
Master’s Degree Programmes
- Master in Education Management
- Master in Literacy and Development
University of Africa offers bachelor degrees in Education, with the fundamental aim of equipping teachers with diplomas with a degree qualification – with all the benefits linked to higher levels of education and studies. The exit levels of the three degrees are organized in terms of five components:
- Fundamental Learning – to develop students’ skills in areas such as literacy and numeracy to enhance competence in learning mediation, assessment and management/ administration;
- Subject and Content of Teaching – focusing on equipping students with skills, values and attitudes needed for development as an educator;
- Teaching and Learning – to enable students to deal with general learning and teaching issues and processes to enhance the student’s roles as mediator, administrator, leader, interpreter and designer of learning programs and materials, as well as for pastoral roles;
- School and the Profession – to equip students for their roles as managers/leaders, particularly when dealing with issues outside day to day classroom situations which, nonetheless, influence what happens in the classroom; and
- Subject focus – that is to equip students to provide quality teaching in a specific field and discipline. Apart from a module to understand the methodology of delivering the relevant field and discipline, these programs also offer intensive knowledge of the specific fields.
Bachelor of Education in Science & Mathematics
A teaching qualification with specialization in Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
Bachelor of Education in Economic Sciences
A teaching qualification with specialization in Commerce.
Bachelor of Education in English
A teaching qualification with specialization in English.
Bachelor of Education in Religious Studies
A teaching qualification with specialization in Religious Studies.
Bachelor of Education Primary Education
A teaching qualification for teachers teaching in Primary Schools.
Bachelor of Education Early Childhood Education
A teaching qualification for teachers teaching and educating children in early childhood prior to Grade 1.
Faculty of Engineering and Bio-Sciences
University of Africa Zambia Course -Bachelor degrees
- Bachelor of Occupational Safety & Health Environment
- Bachelor of Sustainable Health & Environmental Studies
- Bachelor of Health & Safety Management
- Bachelor of Road Maintenance Management
Occupational Safety & Health Environment
The Bachelor in Occupational Safety, Health, and Environment (OSH&E) degree program is designed to provide an academically comprehensive curriculum that prepares graduates with the ability and competency to become highly qualified safety, industrial hygiene, and environmental professionals.
Sustainable Health & Environmental Studies
The Bachelor of Sustainable and Environmental Studies at University of Africa is about understanding social and community sustainability as well as ecologically sustainable development. University of Africa is the only university in Zambia that offers the degree, which provides a unique opportunity to develop skills and an understanding of sustainability in a holistic manner, integrating social science with environmental science.
Mine Health & Safety
This course is designed to provide students with the ability to recognise generic mine occupational health hazards & to understand the impact they may have on human health if they are not managed to certain standards. Generic hazards include a range of chemical hazards, fatigue, noise, respirable dust, diesel emissions, radiation, light & musculoskeletal conditions. This course provides students with the skills to manage these hazards under a normal operating situation as well as during an emergency response.
Security & Risk Management
This challenging course offers advanced knowledge and understanding through teaching tailored to meet the exacting, changing and rising standards of the security industry.
Agricultural Business Management
The major objectives of this programme include:
- Assisting agricultural producers with developing strategies to manage business risks.
- Enhancing farmers’ abilities to apply economic analysis techniques to production decisions.
- Helping agricultural entrepreneurs and natural-resource firm owners develop sound business and financial plans.
- Assisting farmers with adoption of long term plans to address asset transfer, business structure and retirement.
- Enhancing agricultural producers’ sales by improving their understanding of market options and customer demand.
University of Africa Zambia Course – The following courses are only available on Diploma and Certificate Level
- Public Relations
- Financial Management
- General Management
- Project Management
- Real Estate Management
- Information Technology Management
- Mine Health & Safety
- Security & Risk Management
- General Agriculture
- Business Agriculture Management
University of Africa offers all PhD programmes by research and enrollment is continuous.
Searches Related to University of Africa Zambia Course:
university of africa zambia contacts
university of africa zambia fees
university of africa zambia application forms
university of africa zambia brochure
university of africa zambia diploma courses
university of africa lusaka zambia
university of africa zambia logo
university of africa zambia library
university of africa zambia masters programmes
university of africa zambia masters application forms
university of africa zambia online registration
university of africa zambia postgraduate programmes
university of africa zambia phd programmes
university of africa zambia programmes
university of africa zambia postgraduate courses
university of africa zambia prospectus
university of africa zambia registration
university of africa zambia tuition fees
university of africa zambia twitter
University of Africa Zambia undergraduate programs
University of Africa Zambia zambia website
University of Africa Zambia examination time table
University of Africa Zambia facebook
University of Africa Zambia faculties
university of africa zambia 2018 intake