Northrise University Ndola Zambia
Our Vision –Northrise University Ndola Zambia
To be a model of excellence for teaching and learning; a learner-centered academic community that challenges, advances knowledge and improves the economic well-being, quality of life and spiritual vitality of its students and staff. There are four Strategic Imperatives to our vision:
- Construct Campus facilities to enable moving onto the land and educating more students. Our goal is to have 2,000 students.
- Build out Northrise Farm to achieve sustainable operations for the university
- Develop and maintain a world class faculty
- Create a spirit of discipleship among the NU community, where love is felt and hard work is seen and rewarded
As a center of academic excellence NU aims to:
- Enhance its position as one of Zambia’s research and teaching universities and to measure its performance against the highest international standards
- Provide the highest quality learning and teaching environment for the greater well-being of its students and deliver a comprehensive and community-required educational portfolio
- Produce graduates fully equipped to achieve the highest personal and professional standards
- Make a significant, sustainable and socially responsible contribution to Zambia and the world, promoting health, economic, and cultural well-being
Our Roots –Northrise University Ndola Zambia
Northrise University was founded in January 2004. The vision was conceived in 1988 through the experiences of its founders Dr. Moffat and Mrs. Doreen Zimba. Born in Zambia, both suffered from the lack of educational opportunities. In faith the Zimbas left Zambia to attend a Bible college in Australia. Upon completion, God called them to Southern California where Dr. Zimba received his Doctorate from Fuller Theological Seminary and Mrs. Zimba received her MBA in Technology Management from the University of Phoenix.
While on this educational journey, God strengthened their vision of starting a school in Zambia. Over time, He nourished their desire to impact the living conditions of Zambians through higher education. Thus the concept of Northrise University, an institution that empowers Zambians by providing an education that nourishes and develops the spiritual and economic capacity of the Zambian people, was initiated.
Their passion for the Northrise vision, their faith, and above all God’s guidance, brought other people to the vision, and support groups were founded in Australia, the United States, and in Zambia. Many people brought intellectual and financial resources, prayer and commitment to the project, and in January 2004 the vision of Dr. Moffat and Mrs. Doreen Zimba was realized.
Northrise University is the first nationally recognized private university in Zambia and today it is a fully functioning university, empowering its students daily with the skills to succeed in the workplace while living Christ-centered lives.
Historical Timeline-Northrise University Ndola Zambia
The graphic below provides a history of events beginning with the Zimbas’ vision through the end of the next decade.
In 2014, Northrise University celebrated 10 years since its founding with 50 students attending classes in a 5 story office building purchased in downtown Ndola, Zambia. After applying to the Zambian government for 30 acres of land, and because the government was impressed with its vision and quality, it granted the University a new 640 acre site. Since that time, the University has launched Northrise Farms on a portion of the property, along with NUCare medical clinic, 200 student classroom building, one staff duplex unit and a 56 bed student dormitory along with perimeter fencing.
With a strong foundation and clear mission, Northrise University is moving forward in expanding opportunities for offering a world class education to the people of Zambia and surrounding countries by constructing the Campus Center Building to finally provide a central location for all of Northrise University programs. The Campus Center is scheduled to open in June 2016.
ADVANCING THE VISION OF THE CAMPUS ALLOWS NORTHRISE UNIVERSITY TO EDUCATE A GREATER NUMBER OF STUDENTS, EMPLOY MORE ZAMBIANS, SERVE THE COMMUNITY AND ULTIMATELY IMPACT THE NATION OF ZAMBIA
The $15 Million Capital Project has three phases:
PHASE ONE: Campus Infrastructure & Campus Center – $5 Million
Phase 1 features construction of what will become the focal point of the Northrise campus: a multi-purpose Campus Center building. Concurrently, the permanent infrastructure including roads, electrical, water/sewer and the IT framework will be constructed.
PHASE TWO: Student Center, Student Dormitory, Faculty Housing Units $5 Million
Highlight of phase 2 is the construction of a dedicated Student Center which will become the hub of student activity across the campus. The second student dormitory housing 100 students is also scheduled for construction in Phase 2, along with two additional faculty duplexes.
PHASE THREE: Convocation Center, Student Dormitory, Faculty Housing Units and Lodge $5 Million
In Phase 3, the Northrise University Convocation Hall will be built. A state-of-the-art facility with capacity to seat 1,500 – 2,000 equipped to stage community events, concents, graduation ceremonies, conferences. One additional student dormitory housing 100 students and two additional duplexes are scheduled to be constructed. A Northrise Lodge and School of Agriculture building is also planned.
Board of Regents
The Board of Regents is the official governing body of Northrise University.
Board of Regents
The NU Board of Regents consists of the following members:
• Charlie Stroupe; Northrise University Initiative (USA) Board of Trustees – Chair
• David Lawson; Northrise Australia Initiative (Australia) Board of Directors – Vice Chair
• David Chakonta; Zambian Representative – Secretary
• Jeff Goble; Northrise University Initiative (USA) Board of Trustees – Board Member
• Bob Graziano; Northrise University Initiative (USA) Board of Trustees – Board Member
• Moffat Zimba; Northrise University President/Vice Chancellor – Board Member
• Doreen Zimba; Northrise University Vice President/Deputy Vice Chancellor – Board Member
Charlie Stroupe (Chair) – Moffat Zimba (Member) – Doreen Zimba (Member)
Academic/Student Affairs Committee:
David Lawson (Chair) – David Chakonta (Member) – Doreen Zimba (Member)
Audit, and Finance Committee:
Jeff Goble (Chair) – Bob Graziano (Member) – David Chakonta (Member)
Charlie Stroupe (Chair) – Bob Graziano (Member) – Moffat Zimba (Member) – Doreen Zimba (Member)
Work For Us
Northrise is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental handicap, or gender in its hiring practices.
Job Application Process
When Northrise University lists available staff job opportunities and you wish to apply for one or more, please follow this process:
- Identify Job position you wish to apply for as listed on this page
- Write an Application for employment letter with the position specified
- Attach a resume and other documents including your complete education, work references, and employment information.
- Send the letter to NU using the post or the email address below
- After reviewing your Job Application, NU will send feedback
Faculties of Northrise University Ndola Zambia
School of Theology
School of Law
School of Business
School of ICT
School of Health and Social Sciences
Degree Programmes of Northrise University Ndola Zambia
Bachelor of Business Administration – BBA
• Bachelor of Finance and Accounting – BFA
• Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurship – BCom (Ent)
• Bachelor of Finance – BFin
• Bachelor of Accounting – BAcc
• Bachelor of Project Management – BPM
- Bachelor of Theology – BTH
- Bachelor of Information Technology in Web and Software Development – BIT (WSD)
• Bachelor of Information Technology in Database Technologies – BIT (DBT)
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – BSc (CS)
- Bachelor of Laws – LLB
- Pre-Nursing Program – PNUR
• Bachelor of Social Work – BSW
Executive Master of Business Administration – EMBA
• Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Project Management – MBA (PM)
• Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Organizational Leadership – MBA (OL)
• Master of Project Management (MPM)
• Master of Organizational Leadership (MOL)
- Master of Public Health – MPH
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration – PGD (BA)
• Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management – PGD (PM)
• Postgraduate Diploma in Organizational Leadership – PGD (OL)
• Network Support Certification – NSC
• Database Support Certification – DBSC
Certificate in Christian Ministries – CCM
Entry Requirements of Northrise University Ndola Zambia
ADMISSION TO NORTHRISE UNIVERSITY
Tuition Fees of Northrise University Ndola Zambia
Financial Aid and Schorlarships of Northrise University Ndola Zambia
Financial Aid (FA) are funds donated by sponsors to a fund which is administered by Northrise University. Please note that financial aid awarded to students is a privilege and not a right. Once accepted into a program, a student may apply for FA as follows:
1. Financial Aid Application Process:
- 1.1 Fill out and submit the Financial Aid Application form
- 1.2 Meet with a Financial Aid Counselor
- 1.3 Financial Aid Committee determines awards and amounts
- 1.4 Applicants are notified of awards and amounts
2. Applicant Selection Criteria and Award Determination
- 2.1 All students who fill out the Financial Aid Application form and apply for aid will be considered for eligibility to be awarded financial aid. Applicant selection will be determined based on the following criteria:
- 2.1.1 Students have been accepted to enroll in a program at Northrise University
- 2.1.2 Students have filled out the Intent to Register form and have paid the initial deposit determined by the University
3. Financial Aid Rules
3.1 Northrise University Financial Aid is awarded for a specific time period (class, academic term, or academic year as specified). The student must re-apply to receive Financial Aid for the next time period.
3.2 Receipt of Financial Aid by students during one period does not automatically mean that they will receive Financial Aid for the next period. The student must re-apply to receive Financial Aid for the next time period, and several factors will be considered when determining if the student will again receive Financial Aid. These factors include, but are not limited to:
3.2.1 The total amount of Financial Aid available to all students. Financial aid will only be awarded based on the availability of funds designated for the same.
3.2.2 The student’s Northrise University financial status (all outstanding balances must be paid) – All financial obligations to Northrise must be met at the beginning of each term. Failure to do so will result in the student not qualifying for financial aid for the next time period.
3.2.3 The student’s attendance record. Students who are absent from class for 30% of the attendance record without satisfactory reasons will not be considered for additional Financial Aid.
3.2.4 Students must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or above to continue to be considered for additional Financial Aid.
3.2.5 The student’s GPA for the prior Financial Aid time period. Only students with a total grade point average above or equal to 2.0 will qualify to reapply for financial aid. A GPA of 2.0. or better is good standing. A GPA of less than 2.0 for one term is probationary standing but is eligible for additional Financial Aid. A GPA of less than 2.0 for two consecutive terms is suspension standing and is no longer eligible for additional Financial Aid.
3.2.6 Student adherence to Northrise University rules and regulations. Students who have been found to be in violation of any rules and regulations of Northrise University as outlined in the Student Handbook may not be considered for additional Financial Aid.
3.2.7 Satisfactory participation in the Northrise University Work Study program is required.
3.2.8 Unused Financial aid does not apply to another period. Unused financial aid is due to factors such as:
(a) Failing a prerequisite
(b) Withdrawing from the program (due to ill health, pregnancy, etc.)
3.2.9 Communication with sponsor as assigned is required.
3.3 Financial Aid that has been awarded may be withdrawn by the Financial Aid Committee. In the event that awarded Financial Aid is withdrawn, as of the notification date, Financial Aid cannot be applied to outstanding or future student fees. Reasons for withdrawing Financial Aid include:
- 3.3.1 Violation of Northrise University rules and regulations
- 3.3.2 A student misses thirty percent (30%) attendance of total classes
- 3.3.3 Failure to participate satisfactorily in the Work Study program
Other FA Guidelines
3.4 Northrise University Financial Aid can only be used to pay for the Northrise University cost of tuition, lab fees, books, or meals as specified by the particular FA award. This financial aid cannot be used to pay for non-Northrise University costs or items specifically denied by the particular financial aid award.
3.5 When Northrise University Financial Aid is awarded to a student, no money exchanges hands. Rather, the amount awarded will be appropriately applied to Northrise University fees until the award amount is fully depleted. The balance of any fees not covered by Northrise University Financial Aid (if any) must be paid by the student.
3.6 Northrise University Financial Aid awarded to one student is not transferable to another student. The awarded Financial Aid must only be used to pay for costs of the particular student specified by the award.
3.7 Students who are awarded and accept Northrise University Financial Aid must agree to participate in a Work Study program. This program will require the student to work in assigned positions on the Northrise University campus for no more than 20 hours per week.
3.8 Financial Aid is not available to international students.
3.9 Unused financial aid will be forfeited and not rolled over into future time periods.
3.10 When a student withdraws from a course, Financial Aid is not applicable.
4. Work Study Program
Student participation in the Work Study program will be based on the percentage of the financial aid that is awarded to the student. A number of hours that a student must work per week will be determined by the Financial Aid Committee. Note that work hours per week are subject to change at any time according to Northrise University’s discretion.
Under the Work Study program, students will be required to perform various chores around the university property. Chores will include, but not be limited to, cleaning the inside and outside of the university campus, kitchen and library duties.
Contact Us -Northrise University Ndola Zambia
|Mailing Address||Physical Address||General Info|
Northrise University – P.O. Box 240271 • Ndola • ZambiaSolwezi Campus:
Northrise University – Mary Begg (Kansanshi Mine) Clinic • Mushitala • Solwezi
30029 Kitwe-Ndola Dual Carriage Highway • NdolaDowntown Campus:
1098 Buteko Avenue • Caravelle House • NdolaSolwezi Campus:
Opposite Mary Begg (Kansanshi Mine) Clinic • Mushitala • Solwezi
Land-line 1: (+260) 212 622 195
Land-line 2: (+260) 212 622 196Solwezi Campus:
Mobile-line 1: (+260) 212 622 195
Mobile-line 2: (+260) 212 622 firstname.lastname@example.org
Searches on Northrise University Ndola Zambia:
northrise university application form
northrise university contact details
northrise university solwezi
northrise university courses
northrise university in zambia
northrise university fees
northrise university contact
northrise university ndola courses
northrise university ndola zambia
northrise university zambia
northrise university courses offered
northrise university main campus
northrise university address
northrise university africa
northrise university physical address
northrise university blog
northrise university zambia courses offered
northrise university zambia contact details
northrise university graduation
northrise university student handbook
northrise university initiative
northrise university logo
northrise university distance learning
northrise university school of law
northrise university mba
northrise university ranking
northrise university tuition fees
northrise university school of nursing
northrise university portal
northrise university intake