Jimma University Specialized Hospital


Jimma University Specialized Hospital

Jimma University Specialized Hospital

Jimma University Specialized Hospital (JUSH)

Jimma University teaching Hospital (JUTH) is one of the oldest public hospitals in the country. It was established in 1922. Geographically, it is located in Jimma city 352 km southwest of the capital Addis Ababa. It has been governed under the Ethiopian government by the name of “Ras Desta Damtew Hospital” and later “Jimma Hospital” during Dergue regime and currently Jimma University Specialized Teaching Hospital.

Though old for its age, it had not made remarkable physical facility improvement for years. However, in the later times it became evident that some side-wing buildings were constructed by different stakeholders at different times to respond to the ever-growing pressure of service demand and clinical teaching need derived from the public and Jimma University respectively. Especially, after transfer of its ownership to Jimma University, the university has made relentless efforts in extensive renovation and expansion work to make the hospital conducive for service, teaching and research.

Cognizant of the fast growing service and teaching role of the hospital, the federal government considered construction of a new and level- best 600 bedded hospital which’ will be functional as of September 2015.

 

Contact us

Jimma University

External Relations and Communications

E-mail : ero@ju.edu.et
+ Website: www.ju.edu.et
+ Tel : +251-(0)47-111-2202,
+ [President Building]