Haramaya University Student Union
Haramaya University Student Union HULSA is an independent, non-political, non-profit organization run by and for law students.HULSA’s activities comprise a large variety of academic and professional events that are organized to fulfill the vision of HULSA.
Ten Haramaya University law students representing each batch ranging from the second to the fifth years founded HULSA on November 28 2012GC. Today HULSA is on the move to launch diverse projects aimed at improving and consolidating student’s academic performance and professional qualities. HULSA is one among the pioneers of law students associations to be established and formally registered in Ethiopia at the federal level before the Charities and Societies Agency.
“A bright Ethiopia in which there is quality of legal professionals and assurance of justice prevails”.
“To contribute to legal education, to foster mutual understanding and to promote social responsibility of law students”.
- Providing opportunities for law students to learn about the Ethiopian and other legal systems in a spirit of critical dialogue and scientific co-operation.
- Assisting law students to be internationally minded and professionally skilled.
- Encouraging law students to act for the good of society.
HULSA’s activities fall into two key areas:
Seminars And Conferences (S&C)
- Panel discussions
- Study visits
- Seminars and conferences (both local and international)
- Institutional visits
Academic Activities (AA)
- “Law Students On Move” event
- Legal research group
- Essay competitions
- Moot courts
- Law student’s publication