Gondar University College of
Gondar University Ethiopia Mission is to contribute to the sustainable socioeconomic development of the country by providing vibrant, compassionate and responsible citizens through social needs tailored curricula; conducting problem solving research; and strengthening community engagement, and technology transfer.
Our vision is to be the leading societal problem solving university in the country by 2020.
Core values of UoG
Quality at all: strong commitment to high standard in all aspects of its educational activities, research, community engagements, and support services, and uses feedback from its participants and supporters to enhance its programs competency in an efficient way.
Customer first: We Put the good of customers first and seek to develop responsible citizens committed to the common good.
Solidarity and Teamwork: Enhancing unity and forming cohesive teams determines our future success. Thus, we value solidarity and encourage team work in our process.
Sustainability: Promotes diversity in its policies and practices to prepare its learners to live and work successfully in an increasingly diverse society.
Invention and Innovation: Creativity and innovation as hallmark of our efforts, we are in a higher education industry where creativity and adaption to its changing environment and responds to the needs of the community.
Care for Staff: our success is based on attracting, hiring, developing and training best employees.
Faithful to ethics: We comply to legal, social and professional ethics and norms which is crucial for our development; practices of accountability, transparency, fairness, honesty, and objectivity in dealing with its constituencies.
According to Higher Education Proclamation No. 650/2001 and its own charter (Council of Ministers Charter Regulation No 112/2004), the University of Gondar is mandated to:
- Implement undergraduate and postgraduate programs,
- Establish and run colleges, faculties, schools, institutes, and other academic and research units;
- Offer academic certificate, diplomas, degrees and other academic awards, and to confer academic titles and medals for those who have made immense contributions;
- Undertake relevant studies and researches that contribute to the development of the country; Organize and conduct seminars, workshops and symposia;
- Establish relations with different bodies including local and foreign sister universities, research institutions and other organizations having similar objectives;
- Provide appropriate consultancy, special training and other services to the community, private organizations, local and federal governments, international organizations, and non-governmental organizations;
- Establish and publish academic journals and newsletters;
- Own property;
- Enter into contracts;
- Sue and be sued in its own name;
- Levy appropriately for the services it is providing;
- Establish and administer income generation enterprises and income fund;
- Carryout such other activities as are necessary for the attainment of its objectives.
“Committed to Serve the Country”
The University of Gondar currently has four functioning campuses and one under construction:
- Atse Tewodros
- Atse Fasil
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS)
- Meles Zenawi (under construction)
Maraki, Aste Tewodros and Atse Fasil campuses are all located within our main site. CMHS campus is located in Gondar town. Meles Zenawi campus is located in the Tseda, 20 km south of Gondar town. Please visit the individual campus pages to find out more.
Gondar University Ethiopia – Contact Details
If you have any queries, comments or suggestion please feel free to contact us.
You can write to us quoting the relevant staff member and/Department at:
Alternatively you can call us on:
+ 251 581141232