Arba Minch University PhD Programs
Click the links to download Intake Capacity of Arba Minch University for the Year 2006 EC /2013-2014/
AMU launches PhD & 13 new MA/MSC courses for 2006 EC
Arba Minch University’s Institute of Technology and five premier colleges have launched the first ever PhD in Irrigation & Drainage Engineering and 13 new Post-Graduate programs for the academic year 2006 EC (2013-14), said the Director of School of Graduates Studies, Dr Abebe Habte.
AMU has already started accepting applications for PhD and 29 Post-Graduate programs including 13 newly introduced for the academic year 2006 EC. The last date for the submission of filled in application forms is September 13, informed the Registrar, Mr Mulugeta Habte.
The entrance exams for the different academic programs will be conducted on September 20, and the final registration (admission) will begin on the date approved by AMU Senate. The news about the same will be posted on the University website and intranet.
The list of institute and college-wise new Post-Graduate programs is given below.
Institute of Technology is taking a plunge in doctoral studies by introducing maiden PhD program in Irrigation & Drainage Engineering. It is also going to introduce three new PG programs i.e.
- v Sc in Integrated River Basin Management
- v Sc in Information Technology
- v Sc in Hydrology
College of Social Science and Humanities has introduced two new PG Courses as below
- v MA in Development Physiology
- v Sc in Environmental Change Management
- College of Business and Economics has rolled out MA in Economics
College of Natural Science will be adding five new PG programs to its kitty.
- v Sc in Environmental Science
- v Sc in Wild Life Management & Ecotourism
- v Sc in Applied Micro Biology
- v Sc in Fishery & Aquatic Management
- v Sc in Mathematical Modeling.
College of Agriculture Science which till date has only graduate programs to its credit; will enter into the league of institutions running PG programs by introducing one PG program.
- v Sc in Sugarcane Agronomy
College of Medicine and Health Sciences will be adding one more PG program to its list by introducing
- v Sc in Epidemiology and Bio-statistics.
By Philips Joseph