Arba Minch University Announcement
Vacancy Announcement (for the second time)
Position: Assistant Registrar of College Continuing and Distance Education
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for all matters pertaining to academic records, certification, documentation, registration and other such functions for the distance, evening, week-end and summer programs
- Provide proper guidance, leadership and supervisory of the registrar personnel and their activities at college level
- Prepare updated statistical data of CCDE students and timely report to the dean and university registrar
- Assure that student grades, examination grade reports and academic status are processed following AMU senate legislation.
- Plan, prepare and issue ID cards to students
- Develop efficient systems for handling cases related to add and drop, withdrawal, clearance, readmissions, etc
- Ensure that students who have completed graduation requirements are immediately presented to the academic commission and subsequently forwarded for approval to senate
- Ensure that university regulations and college academic commission decisions are effectively executed
- Contribute to the making of the academic calendar of the university
- Ensure the status of students for graduation and subsequent transfer of their files and lists to alumni record section
- Be responsible for the safety and security of students’ academic records.
- Ensure proper provision of academic advisory services to students
- Voluntary to accept any additional duties given by the college dean
- Accountability: accountable to the Dean of College of Continuing and Distance Education
- Terms of service: 3 Years
- Requirements: The candidate must have at least a rank of lecturer, excellent computer skill and good interpersonal skill.
- Major benefit: Satisfaction by his/her contribution towards the achievement of the objectives planned by the University.
- Minor benefits: Monthly allowance of 900 ETB + 20% his/her Salary and exempted 6 Cr. Hr in his/her teaching load.
- Place and deadline of application: Interested applicants can submit their document to College of Continuing and Distance Education ( Nech Sar Campus) until Feb 10, 2018 G.C
- Required Documents:
- Detailed CV
- Academic transcript
- Work Experience
- Letter of Motivation
- Recommendation letter from immediate supervisor or department head
- Any other supportive documents
N.B: Female applicants are highly encouraged!
College of Continuing and Distance Education
There is a vacant position for coordination office of development works which is accountable to the Community Services Directorate. Therefore, the university seeks a competent and committed Ethiopian academic staff to assign a coordinator in the position on merit base. Click here to Download Vacancy announcement-Coordinators